McBurney construction personnel specialize in the erection, alteration, and maintenance and repair of boilers, boiler auxiliaries, and related equipment for industrial and utility steam and power plants.
McBurney’s construction expertise has been built on many years of experience in the design and construction of various types of boilers and auxiliary systems from shop assembled package units to field erected power boilers (including fluidized bed) and recovery boilers. This includes boiler pressure parts, casing, refractory, sootblowers, fuel systems, stokers, burners, air heaters, economizers, ductwork, fans, steel erection, air pollution control systems, ash systems, feedwater systems, power and process piping, and cogeneration facilities.
McBurney has established a reputation of providing quality in the total construction effort while maintaining an outstanding safety record within the industry. Safety excellence is a continuous goal at McBurney and is achieved through employee safety orientation, training, and incentive programs.
All ASME Code work is monitored by the McBurney Quality Control Program and is performed in strict accordance with the applicable ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes, the National Board Inspection Code, and any jurisdictional requirements that may apply. McBurney currently holds the following ASME and National Board Certificates of Authorization:
- A for the assembly of power boilers which are designed and manufactured by others.
- PP for the design, alteration, manufacture, and erection of power piping.
- R for in-kind repair of boilers and pressure vessels.
- S for the design, alteration, manufacture, and erection of power boilers.
When your needs require a full service contractor which specializes in the construction, alteration, maintenance and repair of boiler and power plant equipment, think McBurney.
Construction Services Include:
- Construction planning
- Construction management
- Mechanical equipment erection
- Pipe fabrication and installation
- Planned shutdown and emergency planning
- Maintenance and repair
- Shutdowns and rebuilds
- Boiler repair
- Pressure vessel repair
- Modifications and retrofit of steam generators
- Maintenance and inspection services
- Instrumentation calibration and installation
McBurney’s commitment to construction quality is backed by a staff of experienced construction professionals. Extensive construction planning is conducted before the project installation begins. This assures maximum productivity, on-time project completion and outstanding quality in every project.